So, I just got an email from my friend Matt, that his best friend, and our middle-school and high school classmate has finally passed away after dealing with septicemia, several transplants, and more days in the hospital than out over the past 6 years. Jon Krainock was 31: my age.
Life is short folks, too short to waste on petty BS and too short to live with anger, or waiting for something magic to happen. You have to create your own magic everyday and literally live each moment for itself. So, Jon, wherever you are, the contents of a letter I wrote you back in junior high were essentially this: you jokingly asked me to 8th grade grad dance, and you probably knew that I had a huge crush on you. Yes, of course I wanted to go with you, but thought you were just being a jerk (it was junior high, who wasn't a jerk?), so I basically told you to piss off. I'm sorry, and I am glad we got to chat, albeit briefly, via text last year. You seem to have turned into a remarkable man and father, and at least now your soul can rest from all the physical pain of the past 6 years. See you on the other side.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen.
ReplyDelete