Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Epic Christmas, etc.

Yeah, yeah, I know I haven't blogged in awhile; I've been busy! So, firstly, Christmas:

Christmas was generally awesome; I got some great gifts, got to spend time with people I care about, and take time off work. The gift that has thus far consumed most of my time was the Epic Mickey Wii game. It's like crack; you run around having adventures in this dark, twisted version of Disneyland: awesome! I also got a sewing machine, an fabulous leopard-print umbrella, and some wonderful assortments of socks. Mostly, I was glad to spend Christmas Eve jaunting around the Bay Area and spending time with my dad (and the dogs), and with Jeff, Daniel, and Jeff's family. It was a good day, and I won a whole $1.50 at poker (sssh).

Christmas day itself was super mellow - just hanging at mom's relaxing. The next day, my mom and I flew to Utah for a family reunion of sorts. For the first time since March of 2003, all the aunts and cousins got together with our grandma. We are all such different people: a stay-at-home mom, an accountant, an urban planner, artists, musicians, students, bankers, etc. It was a crazy two days, and included much playing of Settlers of Catan, which my aunt Cindy has now renamed "Satans of Hexagons."

New Years' Eve was also slightly nuts - went to Gabe's house for the party, and then left around 10:40 to hit up the dance. I thought I was only going to stay at the dance for a few minutes, but stuck around long enough to embarrass myself with some bad Britney karaoke and to remind myself that I am getting a little too old to ""Pop, Lock, and Drop It." I pretty much bailed after the clock struck midnight. By the way, did anyone else notice that people were driving abnormally slow on the freeway that night?

On New Years Day, Lisa and I went and saw Anjelah Johnson at Tommy T's. She was hysterically funny and didn't use a single swear word! If you have no idea who she is, go to You Tube and look for her Bon Qui Qui video or the nail salon one.

All-in-all, it was a great end to an eventful year and a fabulous start to what's sure to be another amazing year. I look forward to many fun blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment